Our Client’s mission is to enable efficiency, growth, and innovation in local food systems.
They provide online scheduling, invoicing, payment processing, client compliance management, and billing all within a seamless, efficient platform. Their primary clients are shared-use, incubator, restaurant, institution, and commissary kitchens who are
supporting food entrepreneurs needing access to commercial kitchen space.
The Full Stack Developer is part of an agile development team assisting the development team with all aspects of software design and coding, with a focus on frontend development. You will learn the codebase, attend product development and design meetings, write code, fix bugs, and assist with QA and testing. A desire to work with a small fully-remote team in the technology sector and a passion for supporting local food are a must!
The Full Stack Developer will report to the VP of Product and work closely with the Product Development team.
Work remotely from anywhere in Latin America.
● Work with an agile team to develop, test and maintain web applications
● Assist in the collection and documentation of user requirements, case defining, and estimates
● Take the lead on frontend development
● Design, develop, and unit test application in accordance with standards
● Package and support deployment of releases
● Work with teammates in the migration of older application to current technologies
● Analyze and resolve technical and application issues and bugs
● Backend experience and proven results using Ruby on Rails
● Experienced developing for responsive/mobile
● Experience or specific interest with relational databases (Postgres, MySQL)
● Ability to learn new software and technologies quickly
● Good understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances
● Aptitude for writing clean, readable code
● Proficient understanding of code versioning (git)
● Quick adoption and implementation of technical tools
● Ability to meet deadlines
● A respect for and an admiration of the culture, process, and raft of software development
● Solid communication and interpersonal skills
● A friendly and energetic personality with team focus
● Organized approach to work
● Analytical and good at problem solving
● Availability to work flexible shifts with a fully remote team
● Experience creating component libraries and translating components into code using Storybook or something similar
● Experience with Sharetribe
● Ability to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
Availability: part-time (20 hours weekly)
Duration: 3 months (possible contract extension)
Start Date: ASAP