Our Client is a Vienna, Virginia-based IoT startup providing Smart Building customers access to critical energy, air quality and ventilation insights from real-time sensor data. Their agile cloud software team is experienced and adaptable, delivering features and enhancements collaboratively and independently as needed.
The candidate will help them re-imagine and re-platform their cloud software to a modern, Java/Kotlin-based microservices that leverage traditional relational databases in addition to timeseries data stores and Apache Kafka event streams. The platform must efficiently process high volume, high velocity IoT data expected to reach hundreds of thousands of sensor readings every second.
Work remotely from anywhere in Latin America.
● Good analytical, communication and leadership skills
● Microservice architectures
● OAuth2 / OpenID Connect (JWT) authentication
● Best practices for maintainability, observability, security and scalability
● Kotlin or modern Java
● Spring Boot or similar rapid delivery and integration frameworks
● Container-based development and deployment
● RESTful Web Services
● API Design
● Ability to work with developers as peers to deliver features and enhancements
● Ability to work independently within areas of responsibility and expertise when necessary to deliver business objectives
● Ability to lead technology initiatives
Beneficial experience and skills:
● AWS cloud services — especially EC2, ALB, VPCs, ECS, EKS, Fargate and Secrets Manager
● Hashicorp Consul and Vault
● Event-driven architectures
● Apache Kafka, Kafka Streaming and kSQLDB
● GraphQL (such as Apollo, AWS AppSync)
● Service Mesh (such as Envoy, AWS App Mesh)
● Protobuf / gRPC
● Event Sourcing
Fluent level of English is a must.
Availability: Full-time (40 hours weekly)
Start Date: ASAP