Our Client is an engineering and electronics company that specializes in the fields of industry, energy, transportation, and healthcare.
They are looking for a DevOps lead to help build and maintain the infrastructure that runs their products. As a leader of their DevOps/SRE team in India, you are responsible for managing the team that maintains the production infrastructure that runs their IoT workplace and workspaces products.
● First and foremost, you have experience managing production environments with modern cloud infrastructure. You take pride in making sure these environments are reliable and available.
● You hate to do things manually more than once. Therefore, you look for every opportunity to automate things; use of infrastructure as code and configuration management are second nature to you.
● You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves to debug and fix things and you are intellectually curious, and you constantly look for ways to improve the status quote.
● You are a strong communicator, and you value well-articulated solutions by creating diagrams and well written documentations. You also understand that sometimes stakeholders and customers will look for your guidance and you are not afraid to engage them when the situation calls for it.
● Agile development is second nature. You are expected to coach and guide the team in daily standup, backlog grooming, sprint planning and retros; you will have a chance to provide input to improve our processes.
Buenos Aires, Argentina.
● You are a strong individual contributor that sets the standard for the team.
● Mentoring and guiding your team members. You understand when to delegation and when to take charge.
● Measure and manage team performance by following agile best practices.
● Managing periodic reporting on progress to management and other stakeholders.
● Building software to help DevOps - You oversee the building and implementation of tools and services to help Engineering do better with agile development and delivery and drive deeper reliability to our systems in production.
● Add automation and context to alerts – leading to better real-time collaborative response from technical responders. Additionally, maintaining runbooks, tools and documentation to help prepare Engineering for future incidents.
● Monitoring the processes during the entire lifecycle for its adherence and updating or creating new processes for improvement and minimizing the wastage
● Encouraging and building automated processes wherever possible.
● Build cloud infrastructure
Identifying and deploying cybersecurity measures by continuously performing vulnerability assessment and risk management
● Incidence management and root cause analysis.
● Coordination with other technical teams (Dev, QA) and customers facing teams.
● Strive for continuous improvement and build CI/CD pipeline and tools.
● Hands-on public Cloud experience - AWS, Google Cloud, and/or Azure (multi-cloud preferred). Prefer industry certification (e.g. AWS Certified DevOps / Solutions Architect)
● Knowledge of Monitoring and Observability Tools: DataDog, Prometheus, Grafana, Geneos, Jaeger, OpenTelemetry, Zipkin, Splunk
● Experience in configuring and securing databases such as RDS, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Redis.
● Experience in networking and security concepts such as DNS, HTTP, HTTPS, SSL/TLS as well as practical knowledge such as reverse proxy, load balancer, and firewall configurations.
● Technologies they use: LINUX, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, AWS, GCP, Azure, Helm, Datadog, Grafana, SonarQube, Nexus & NexusIQ, Jenkins, GitLab CI/CD, Python & Django, Java & Tomcat, Shell Scripting, Postgres, Cassandra, Kafka, Redis, Okta, Ansible
Availability: Full-time (40 hours weekly)
Start Date: ASAP
Let’s Get Started!
We are always looking for talented engineers to join our team.