Our Client is an engineering and electronics company that specializes in the fields of industry, energy, transportation, and healthcare.
They are seeking a Senior Backend Engineer to develop micro services required for their Smart Building SaaS. This position requires an experienced professional with a proven track record of developing Backend applications. Their ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches their work with vigor and determination.
● Develop features and improvements for their SaaS product in a secure, well-tested, and performant way.
● Collaborate with Product Management and other stakeholders within Engineering (Frontend, UX, etc.) to maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, iterative environment.
● Craft code that meets their internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
● Recognize impediments to their efficiency as a team ("technical debt"), propose and implement solutions.
● Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance that have particular impact across your team.
● Solve technical problems of moderate to high scope and complexity.
● Exert influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of your team.
● Experience with performance and optimization problems, particularly at large scale, and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems.
● Help to define and improve their internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
● Provide mentorship for Junior and Intermediate Engineers on your team to help them grow in their technical responsibilities and remove blockers to their autonomy.
● Confidently ship moderately sized features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members. Collaborate with the team on larger projects.
● Participate in Tier 2 or Tier 3 support rotation to assist troubleshooting product operations, security operations, and urgent engineering issues.
● Work with Product Managers, Designers, QE etc. teams to take any project from inception to completion
Buenos Aires, Argentina.
● BS/MS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
● 5+ years of experience of professional experience building and maintaining backend software
● Strong passion for micro service architecture
● Experience building scalable backend technologies
● Proficient in at least one modern object-oriented programming language such as Python, Java or Go
● Strong understanding of the engineering stack, and how each piece fits into the whole
● Experience scaling database platforms (NoSQL, SQL)
● Skilled in performance tuning, query plan / explain plan analysis, indexing, table partitioning
● Experienced with software engineering best practices such as design patterns, code reviews, unit and integration testing etc.
● In-depth understanding of data structures and other computer science fundamentals.
● You have good problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
● Self-motivated, relentlessly focused on impact, and able to operate under a great deal of independence
Availability: Full-time (40 hours weekly)
Start Date: ASAP
Let’s Get Started!
We are always looking for talented engineers to join our team.